To laugh is to risk appearing a fool.
- to weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
- to reach out for another is to risk involvement.
- to expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self.
- to place your ideas, your dreams, before the crowd is to risk their loss.
- to love is to risk not being loved in return.
- to live is to risk dying.
- to hope is to risk despair
- to try is to risk failure
But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing, has nothing, is nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love, ……. live. Chained by his certitude’s, he is a slave: he has forfeited freedom. Only a person who risks is free.
Irvine, CA 92714